Patient Centered Medical Home is Coming Soon
Clarinda, IA (June 29, 2017): Clarinda Regional Heath Center (CRHC) announces the launch of a certification process for the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program.
The certification process is the starting point for being able to offer a Patient-Centered Medical Home through CRHC. The program recognizes primary care physicians who more actively coordinate and manage their patient’s care across the health care system.
By strengthening the role of primary care physicians, the PCMH program aims to improve patient health outcomes. The PCMH program rewards primary care physicians who focus on the patient’s entire health needs and not just one single condition. As a result, patients will experience better health, fewer hospitalizations, improvements in transitions of care, and greater engagement. The PCMH program is one more way that CRHC is moving from a system that rewards the quantity of procedures to a system that rewards quality patient outcomes.
Patient-Centered Medical Home practices are recognized for providing a number of patient services including:
- Improved access to care, such as the ability to reach health professionals outside normal business hours
- Proactive and planned preventative care (screenings, physicals, labs)
- Improved access through e-mail, web, or telephone visits
- Access to nurses and other health care professionals, allowing more focused physician visits
How does a Patient-Centered Medical Home benefit you? The CRHC PCMH care team:
- Is available when you need us. We will tell you when our office hours are and how to get clinical advice, 24/7, during and after office hours
- Strives to know you and your health history, so we can suggest treatment options that are optimal for your health.
- Will focus on preventative care to keep you as healthy as possible.
- Makes sure that you understand your condition(s) and how to best take care of yourself. We help you understand your care options and help you make decisions about your care.
- Help you coordinate your health care across the health care system, making appointments and making sure that specialists have the information they need about you to care for you.
- Uses technology to share records to help eliminate duplicate testing and make sure that all your health records are maintained in one place.
To schedule an appointment with your CRHC provider today and discuss our patient-centered medical home care team and how it can benefit you, please call 712-542-2176 or go online to learn more at clarindahealth.com.