CRHC Surgery Center
Clarinda Regional Health Center
Surgery Center Contact Information
220 Essie Davison Drive
Clarinda, IA 51632
Dr. Marlene Wier, General Surgeon
Hours: M-F 7:00am - 3:30pm
General CRHC Surgery Center Information
The CRHC Surgery Center houses a state-of-the-art operating room able to provide Exceptional Care. Among the many services offered are endoscopy procedures, ENT, orthopedic, cataract surgery, general surgery, urology, and epidural steroid injections for pain management. Professional nurses assist the surgeon and anesthesia staff during surgery and recovery.
Meet our General Surgeon, Dr. Marlene Wier, DO. Click here to learn more about Dr. Wier.
Surgical Procedures Offered By Dr. Marlene Wier and the CRHC Surgery Center (including but not limited to):
- Breast biopsy, lumpectomy, mastectomy, sentinel node, axillary dissection
- Pancreas - resections, biopsy, drainage of pseudocysts
- Liver biopsy, nodule resection, ductal obstruction
- Trauma and critical care
- Burn and wound care
- Soft tissue infections and fascitis
- Hemorrhoid - TDH and banding procedure
- Basic - diagnostic, hernias, appendectomy, gallbladder
- Advanced - Nissen fundoplication, colectomy, gastrostomy, lysis of adhesions, feeding jejunostomy, CBD exploration, liver biopsy/resection
Endoscopy (upper or EDG and lower or colonoscopy)
- Basic - diagnostic, biopsy, polypectomy, removal FB
Post-operatively, patients are transported to the Recovery Room where they are cared for by trained nursing personnel. After recovery, patients are either transferred to the Pre/Post-surgical clinic setting to await their discharge, or are transferred to the Medical/Surgical (Med/Surg) Inpatient Floor for continued care.
Outpatient Surgical Clinic:
The professional surgery staff direct the scheduling of pre- and post-surgical visits, as well as assist our board certified surgeon. The Surgery Clinic area is intended to allow patients to have surgical or outpatient procedures without requiring an overnight hospital stay.
Meet Dr. Gerard Stanley, Sr., MD, Family Practice
Dr. Stanley conducts endoscopic procedures
of the upper gastrointestinal tract (EGD) and
of the colon (colonoscopy) in our surgery center.
Dr. Stanley practices out of the Clarinda Medical Associates office.
Click here to learn more about Dr. Stanley.
Meet Jason Lihs, CRNA
Jason Lihs is CRHC's full-time Certified Registered Nurse
Anesthetist (CRNA). Jason provides anesthesia coverage
for CRHC's Surgery Center.
Click here to learn more about Mr. Lihs.