Patient & Visitor Inf
education for patients & staff
Clarinda Regional Health Center understands the desire family members and patients have to receive health information that is relevant to their specific health needs. Its main purpose is to improve patient health, however, patient and family education goes beyond this purpose. An informed and educated patient can participate in his or her own treatment, improve outcomes, help identify errors before they occur, and reduce his or her length of stay. Other benefits of patient education include the following:
- Increase the patient's ability to cope with and manage his or her health;
- Facilitate patients' and families' understandings of their health status, options, and consequences of care;
- Encourage patients to help with decision making;
- Increase patients' potential to follow a health care plan;
- Help patients learn behaviors and promote recovery and improve function;
- Increase patient confidence in his or her self care; and
- Decrease treatment complications.
Continuing medical education helps those in medical careers to maintain
competence and learn about new and developing areas in their field. These educational events may take place as live events, written publications, online programs, audio, video, or other electronic media. Content for these programs is developed, reviewed, and delivered by individuals who are experts in their individual clinical areas.
Educational courses offered at CRHC include Healthcare Provider CPR, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, and Mandatory Reporter Training, along with many other continuing education programs. Community education programs are available upon request.
CRHC's Education Department is committed to providing the most up-to-date health and medical information to patients, community and staff. The education department is staffed Monday thru Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Education Coordinator, Jenny Wagoner, MS, completed her undergraduate program at Northwest Missouri State University in Corporate Wellness/Parks & Recreation Management and received her Master’s degree in Health Science & Physical Education from Northwest Missouri State University.
If you would like more information on our educational programs please contact Jenny Wagoner at (712) 542-8352.